Sunday, March 08, 2009

We idolize you, Mr. Francis M.

I'm no avid fan who watches his every gig whether live or on TV. I'm just a music lover. And a Filipino who recognizes what the late Francis M. had contributed not only to the music industry, but more importantly to our beloved country.

He's the modern hero. Used the power of music to convey and remind every Filipino that there's always something we can do for our country. His music might not have erased the spreading disease of the government, but still...in one way or the other, it has awaken some if not all of us.

I won't be an expert here analyzing his music. I just wanna express that I'm affected by his death.

The last two days, it has been recalled that he's been part of my and my classmates' growing up. I can remember one of my classmates/best friends, Cherry, was really infatuated with Francis. And "Cold Summer Nights" really had been a fave.

We'd sung and danced with his hits. And hearing them now sung on TV as tribute for him, singing along with them, surprised me coz my voice was cracking...that's beside the point that I'm not a good singer.

I am saddened. I am grieving for the industry with this loss.

Mr. Francis M, Idol, we'll miss you...Pls say hi to Bro for us. We love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home